Sunday, December 13, 2015

Pumpkin Streusel Pie

Now that it is the holidays, the baking begins...I should've posted this when it was closer to Thanksgiving because that is when I do the majority of my pie baking.  All well.

I normally make regular pumpkin and then pecan pie; mostly because I do anything to make my husband happy.  The secret to a mans heart is truly through his stomach.  At least for my mans heart it is.

So this year my mother asked me to try and make a pumpkin streusel pie, so I did.  To quote my husband, it was "*bleeping* epic".  So that coming from a bunch of farmers, I'll take that as a win.

So to begin, the pie is a basic pumpkin pie, and we all know I am all about shortcuts.  I used Libby's recipe from the back of her pumpkin pie mix can.


Ingredients:
Filling
 
1 -can Libbys Pumpkin Pie mix
1 -5 fl. oz can of evaporate milk
2 eggs
1 deep dish pie crust
 
Streusel Topping

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
1/3 cup chopped pecans 
 
 

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Prepare pie filling according to Libbys can.
3. Place pie crusts on a cookie sheet for easy moving, and fill pie crusts, but not all the way to the top, keep in mind that you have to place the streusel topping on top.
4. Place pies in the oven for 15 minutes, while this is going on mix together all your streusel toppings with your fingers.
5. When the 15 min is up, without opening the oven, reduce temperature to 350 and continue to cook for 30 min.
6. After 30 min, place streusel over top and continue cooking another 30 minutes or until knife comes out clean. 

Voila, a deliciously epic pumpkin streusel pie that is sure to be a hit at all your holiday parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment