Sunday, December 13, 2015

Delicious Pork Roast

Pork roast...what more can you say.  It is one of my husbands favorites and I enjoy making it. Why? Its a crockpot recipe.  I ADORE crockpot recipes.  Means I dont have to much work.

I use a cast iron dutch oven to create a nice dark sear on the outside of the roast and the smells alone are enough to make your mouth water and its not even fully cooked yet. 

Everytime my husband eats this, he makes food noises.  When someone makes food noises, you know you've done a good job.


Without further ado, here is my recipes for Crock Pot Pork Roast.

Ingredients:

1 Pork shoulder roast
2 tbs minced garlic
salt
garlic powder
pepper
1 medium yellow onion
1 package button mushrooms
1 carton chicken stock or broth
1 envelope french onion soup mix

Directions:

1. Season your roast on all sides with the salt, pepper, garlic powder.  Every shoulder roast i've had has had a netting on it, just leave it on.
2. In a cast iron dutch oven, or a skillet sear the roast on all sides, nice and dark brown.
3. Place roast in the crockpot, and in the same skillet, add the onion and garlic. You are kind of deglazing the pan in a way.
4. Add these to the crockpot and dump in the chicken stock or broth.  Mix in the french onion soup mix and dump in the cleaned mushrooms.
5. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high on 4-6 hours.

I usually serve this with mashed potatoes and gravy, buttered dinner rolls and some kind of green vegetable. I've done asparagus, brussel sprouts, spinach. Really anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment