For those who know me, I am a huge fan of crockpot meals. They are quick and easy, perfect for busy weeknights when the hubby doesnt get home tkll 7:30 pm.
A friend from work gave me this recipe and it was the most amazing homemade italian beef i've ever had. Although, you cannot beat Portillo's.
So onto the recipe!
Crockpot Italian Beef
1 rump roast
1 packet of McCormick Au Jus Gravy
2 cloves of garlic
1 Beef Buillon cube
1 jar of pepporcini's
Italian shaker seasoning
1/2 cup water
1. Stab the roast all over with a knife. Cover in italian seasoning, place in crockpot.
2. Mix Au jus packet with 1/2 cup of water and dump into the crockpot. (Do not follow packet instructions.)
3. Drop one beef buillon cube and the 2 cloves of garlic into the crockpot.
4. Dump half the jar of pepperoncini juice into the crockpot along with half of the peppers (this gives jt a great flavor)
5. Let cook on low all day and shred witha fork before serving.
I serve this on french rolls with italian cheese and peppers.
I've paired it with chips or frenchfries. Tonight however, because I do have some of this heaven in a crockpot; I am serving it with baked beans and deviles eggs. It is really up to you, this is just delicious stuff. ENJOY!!