Sunday, January 11, 2015

Monkey Bread


Hello my people,
I woke up this morning craving some ooey gooey deliciousness and I had 3 cans of buttermilk biscuits I wasn't using so I though why the heck not. My husband was playing on the floor with a pile of Legos...yes I know he's a child but he is so much fun. So I decided that my biscuits needed to be made into Monkey Bread, the delicacy that my mother taught me to make. It's easy, it's simple, and it's the most delicious morning bread you will ever put in your mouth....yes I just said that.



To start this heaven, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. I always preheat the oven before I start anything because I am impatient and hate waiting for anything.

Now for this recipe, typically my mother would use a bunt pan (the cake pan with a hole in it), but sadly I do not own one of those yet, and the dollar store didn't even have one...I mean come on, but its whatever.  I just used a 9x9 square casserole dish and it worked out just fine.

Now ingredients:
3 can buttermilk biscuits (I used Pillsbury)
2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons of cinnamon (b/c I LOVE cinnamon)

Assembly of the ooey gooey deliciousness is easy.

First generously butter your bunt pan...or whatever pan you decided to use.

In a mixing bowl, add the 1cup sugar and the 2 tablespoons of cinnamon.

Open your cans of biscuits and cut each biscuit into four smaller pieces and toss in the sugar mixture.

Randomly toss the pieces into the buttered dish, there really isn't any specific way to lay the biscuits in the pan.

In a saucepan on the stove on a low/medium heat, melt the butter and add 1/2 cup of the remaining sugar mixture as well as the 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Once fully combined, raise the heat and bring to a boil, make sure you are stirring often so that you don't burn it.

Once brought to a boil, pour in a layer over the biscuit's and put in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes or until the top is crispy and the biscuit's look done.

Once done,  let sit for 5 or more minutes and then cover with a plate and flip over and you have the ooey gooey deliciousness that is perfect for a lazy sunday morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment